Top 5 questions wedding guests may ask!
Your wedding professionals at Cross Creek Ranch are here to give you a little advice to help navigate questions wedding guests may ask. First and foremost we highly suggest having a wedding website. They are free and super easy to set up. The Knot, With Joy and Minted all have great templates and sites for you to choose from! Your website should cover all of your basic information: date, time, location, how to RSVP, parking, transportation and accommodations.
However, you may receive additional questions from your loved ones regarding your wedding day and we are here to help answer them. Keep reading to see the top 5 questions your wedding guests may ask you. Pro tip: include these Q&A’s on your website!
1. What should I wear? Is there a dress code?
We recommend getting familiar with wedding attire wording and use the one that fits your aesthetic the best on your website and on your invitation. Here are several commonly used dress codes:
- Black Tie – or in other words, dress to impress! Tuxedos with a black bow tie and floor-length gowns are expected.
- Formal, Black Tie Optional – this is slightly less formal than black tie where fancy cocktail dresses and formal dark suits are acceptable
- Cocktail Attire – here you will see more suit and ties along with midi dresses.
- Semi-Formal – this dress code is a lot like cocktail attire however it is acceptable for ladies to wear flats with their dresses. Dress shirts and slacks are also accepted.
- Casual – this laid-back vibe is perfect for summer dresses and collared shirts with dress pants or khaki pants.
2. Can I bring a plus one?
Sharing this answer on your wedding website is a great place to make it know in advance whether “plus-ones” are welcome.
If they are not, here is a great sample answer from With Joy, “Our wedding is strictly RSVP only. We will only be able to accommodate those listed on your invitation.”
3. Are kids invited?
This is a biggie! If kids are invited, let it be known on the invitation. However, if they are not, here are a few ways to answers this question:
- “We look forward to celebrating with you! Kick your shoes off and enjoy a relaxing kid-free evening with us.”
- Ceremony Only: “Children are welcome to the ceremony, however, to allow all of our guest to enjoy an evening of relaxation, we politely request adult attendance only.”
- “While we love your little ones, our wedding is going to be an adults-only event so that everyone can relax and enjoy the evening. We appreciate you making arrangements ahead of time and leaving the kids at home so you can celebrate with us.” – With Joy
4. I have dietary restrictions/allergies. What is the best way to let you know?
“Guests who are gluten-free or have other dietary restrictions and/or allergies may be worried that they won’t be able to eat anything at your reception. Your best bet is to include a space on your RSVP card for guests to write any dietary restrictions so you can address them with your caterer. Or, you can include information on your FAQ page about how to reach out to you directly with any concerns.” – Wedding Wire
5. Do you have a wedding registry?
While this information can be placed on your wedding invitations, With Joy suggests reminding your guests where you are registered or if you have any special requests for wedding gifts, for example, charity donations on your website.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Tik Tok for more real wedding inspiration and wedding planning tips. Ready to book your personal tour at our all-inclusive wedding venue? Call us today at 813.651.0934 or email our Wedding Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.