Ideas that don’t involve dancing at your wedding reception
Dancing doesn’t have to be the sole entertainment at your wedding reception. If you or your guests have two left feet, there are plenty of activities and forms of entertainment that might be a great alternative to a night of dancing. Here are 8 of our favorite ideas that will provide your guests with a fun wedding experience!
1. Invite your guests to relax next to a cozy fire. And of course, what is a bonfire without delicious s’mores? Pro Tip: set out a mix of chocolates such as Reese’s, Hershey’s cookies and cream bars or Ghirardelli chocolate squares!
2. Enhance your apps and late night snacks for all those foodies in your life. Either serve them up in style using a vintage caravan, cart or on ice!
3. Lawn games may seem like a given but these interactive experiences will make a huge difference at your wedding. From corn hole and giant jenga to horse shoe and tic tac toe, your guests can spend all evening battling it out on our ranch!
4. Photo booths will always be a big hit! For years guests have been lining up to use fun props, stand in front of an awesome backdrop and create memories that last a lifetime.
5. Indoor games such as the shoe game or limbo will get your guests laughing and guarantees a good time. Find out who’s the better cook, who snores the most or who is the worst driver in The Shoe Game. It will help personalize your wedding experience and give your guests a better insight on your relationship. Limbo – nostalgic, competitive and hysterical! How low can you go?
6. The dollar dance. Ok, ok, we know… technically this does involve dancing. However, it is an upbeat, interactive activity that even the guest with two left feet can do! Pro Tip: know your guests. This is a great way to receive a cash gift at your wedding, however, some guests may feel more comfortable making their donation in private.
7. A great way to encourage your attendees to relax and mingle with one another is by setting up a lounge station. Complement your event with throw pillows that feature your wedding colors and you have an inviting space for your guests to sit back and relax.
8. Consider adding a few four legged animals to help celebrate your big day! Your guests will LOVE taking a selfie with fluffy alpacas or getting a chance to love up on a sweet pup that is up for adoption. Pro Tip: Check out FairyTail Pet Care or Furry Ventures Pet Care for more information on dog adoptions for your wedding!
We encourage you to get creative and add in some fun wedding experiences for your guests! Dancing At Your Wedding. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Tok for more real wedding inspiration and planning tips. Ready to book your personal tour at our all-inclusive wedding venue? Call or text us today at 813.651.0934 or email our Wedding Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.