Suggestions for making the best out of your stay-at-home wedding planning time.
Many of you may have been experiencing your wedding planning come to a complete standstill. Cross Creek Ranch is here to help! Keep scrolling for 10 ways to make the best out of your planning process while still maintaining “social distancing.”
1.Practice Your Dance Moves! Perfect your first dance as a married couple by practicing. Remember to rehearse in your shoes, don’t get wrapped up in the flaws and have a good time! Show Her Off is a great place to start for those who have two left feet.
2. Create Your Playlist. Now is the time to choose what songs will be playing during your wedding day events. Do you know what song you will be walking down the aisle to? Have you chosen your cake cutting song? How about your last dance song? Grant Hemond and Associates have a great list of songs for you to choose from if you are having trouble deciding.
3. Put Together Your Pinterest Board. If you have not had your design meeting yet, then this is a great time to decide on certain design elements. Such as, your color palette, tablescape, centerpieces, ceremony backdrop, etc. For wedding design inspiration, check out our Pinterest page.
4. Begin Researching Vendors. While we take care of your DJ, florist, baker, caterer and linens, you still get to choose your own photographer, videographer and hair and makeup artist! We suggest taking a look at their Instagram page and their reviews. Need help deciding? We have a great list of preferred vendors.
5. Virtual Wedding Planning Sessions. Your vendors may be working from home as well, so connecting via FaceTime, Skype, Google Hangouts or just over the phone and email are all great options to keep the planning process moving forward.
6. Brainstorm Fun Favor Ideas. Some examples of fun favor ideas are macaroons, mini olive oils, succulents and luggage tags! Check out these ideas and more on our Pinterest page!
7. Build A Wedding Website. Having a wedding website is a great platform to keeping your guests well informed on all of your wedding day events and any changes that you have made. You can build your own free wedding website through Zola, Joy, Minted, The Knot or Wedding Wire.
8. Take Care Of The Small Details. In your every day busy life, some small details may be forgotten or done at the very last minute. We suggest taking care of those small details now, so you don’t have to worry about them later. Make a packing list for your overnight bags and your personal wedding items, break in your wedding shoes and research how to change your name, are a few ideas.
9. Choose Your Signature Cocktails. This can be a fun one! Look up different signature cocktail recipes and give them a try. We suggest keeping three things in mind when making a choice: make sure it represents your personalities, consider what your guests may drink, and keep in mind the season!
10. Brainstorm Ways To Add Personal Touch. Enhance your wedding day by adding personal touches. You can do this through your guest book, a selfie station, your bar, hashtags or photos of your parents when they were married.
Remember, Cross Creek Ranch is here for you if you have any questions regarding your wedding day!