When it comes to your wedding day a highly skilled photographer is crucial, so how do you pick out the skilled from the not-so-skilled? Reading online reviews is a great way to learn about past clients’ experiences which may help you narrow down your list of photographers. Do not hire just any photographer, you want a professional photographer with a reputable standing. Your wedding is not the time to have a family member take photos in order for you to save money – your photos are an investment! Here are 10 questions to ask the photographer before you book him/her.
- Is my date available?
- If my wedding venue is out of your area, do you charge a travel fee?
- How far in advance do I need to book with you and what is your deposit fee?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- How do you describe your photography style?
- Have you ever photographed at my wedding venue? NOTE: If not, it is advised he/she tour the grounds prior to your wedding day!
- How long will it take to receive my photos after the wedding? How are they delivered?
- What time will you arrive at the venue and for how long will you shoot?
- What do your packages include? Does one include an engagement session?
- What is your refund/cancellation policy?
After speaking with the photographer, ask yourself if he/she is someone you trust to deliver his/her absolute best on your wedding date. You and your fiance should connect with the photographer’s personality and style – it will make for an enjoyable experience on your big day. Once you decide on a photographer, book him/her immediately (or as soon as possible)! Happy hunting!
Are you engaged and already know who you want to photograph your wedding, but you are still searching for the right wedding venue? Email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your tour! We are excited to hear from you!